CARE AND USE
Reliance products are built tough to go as far as you do. Like anything, the more you care for them, the longer they’ll stay by your side.
Here’s how to make sure you get the most from your Reliance products:
- Keep your container away from direct sunlight. UV radiation degrades plastic.
- Only fill your container with water-based substances.
- To clean your water container, rinse the inside with either baking soda and water or vinegar and water a few times before each use or before storing. Do not use baking soda and vinegar at the same time.
- Make sure the inside of your container is completely dry before storing to inhibit bacteria growth.
- If your water tastes odd after storing the container, it’s likely due to a build-up of dissolved solids and bacteria growth from previous water storage. It is not caused by the plastic. Empty your water container and clean it as recommended above. If you haven’t cleaned your container in a long time, this still may not work and you may need to replace your water container and maintain and clean it as recommended.
- Do not store water in the container for more than 90 days. If using your water container for long-term or emergency water storage, rotate your water every 90 days by emptying the container, cleaning it as recommended above and refilling and properly storing your container in a cool, dark place.
- You may fill and refill your container as many times as you like. It is made of food-grade plastic and will not change or degrade if cared for properly.
- If the side of your container springs a leak, do not use duct tape to patch any holes or leaks in the sides of the container. Replace your container.
- If the spigot, spout or cap is leaking, you may simply need a replacement spout or spigot or replacement seal.
- Unless otherwise stated, our water containers are not stackable when full. This is due to the extreme weight of the containers when filled with water.
- The spigot cap should be hand-washed and not put in the dishwasher.
- The Luggable Loo can hold up to 220 pounds or 100 kilograms.
- Before storing a flushable toilet, make sure it is properly cleaned. Rinse the toilet and tank with bleach and store with vents open.